<$BlogRSDURL$>

9.27.2003

Here I criticised Gregg Easterbrook for taking an unbalanced view of Indian society. Well, here you can read some evidence of why I think his view was excessively charitable to say the least. Although I tend to like Easterbrook's writing, anyone who writes that

. . . [I]t might be argued that India is the greatest global success story of the past half-century

without taking note of the aparteid-like system which systematically subjugates up to one-fifth of the populace, is seriously blinkered. Maybe Easterbrook should investigate this. I dare not think how angry Easterbrook might get over a real injustice like what happens in India if he can get this worked up about being without power for a few days.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?